KERALA PSC EXAMS - CURRENT AFFAIRS 2017
The Current Affairs Daily Digest for January 26-27, 2017 with essential tid-bits on current undertakings.
National Current Affairs
- Padma awards 2017:- President Pranab Mukherjee declared the names of beneficiaries of year 2017 Padma grants viz. Padma Vibhushan, Padma Bhushan and Padma Shri. He affirmed conferment of Padma Awards on 89 people that incorporates 7 Padma Vibhushan, 7 Padma Bhushan and 75 Padma Shri Awardees. Out of these chose 89 people, 19 are ladies, 5 awardees are from the classification of nonnatives, NRIs, PIOs while 6 are after death awardees.
- India inks manage UAE for vital oil saves storgae:- India has marked an arrangement with United Arab Emirates (UAE), fifth greatest oil provider as a major aspect of its journey for vitality security and key save framework. The arrangement permits UAE's Abu Dhabi National Oil Co. (ADNOC) to fill half (around 6 million barrels of oil) of an underground unrefined petroleum storeroom at Mangaluru, Karnataka.
- Government launches Rubber Soil Information System:- The Union Government has launched Rubber Soil Information System (RubSIS), an online system for recommending appropriate mix of fertilizers to plantations of rubber growers depending upon their soil nature. RubSIS has developed by Rubber Research Institute of India (RRII) under the Rubber Board.
- 68th Republic Day celebrated on 26 January 2017:- India celebrated its 68th Republic Day on January 26, 2017 with the theme “Skill India and Beti Bachao Beti Padhao”. The day honours the date on which the Indian Constitution came into force on 26th January, 1950 replacing the Government of India Act, 1935 as the governing document.
- India, France sign pact on maritime information sharing in Indian Ocean Region:- India and France have signed White Shipping agreement to enable information sharing on maritime traffic and maritime domain awareness in the Indian Ocean Region (IOR). The agreement was signed in New Delhi after both countries held their second dialogue on maritime cooperation for the IOR.